Frequently Asked Questions
Should I sign up As a Featured Guest?
The brief interviews that comprise this program are designed to hone existing techniques and applications more than learning from scratch. While listening to these programs (by subscribing) may be beneficial to anyone, we tend to choose featured guests who are familiar with Shinzen's approach.
But don't worry. We've got love for everyone from beginners to masters. If you have less than six months of using Shinzen's techniques under your belt, we recommend familiarizing yourself a little more with his system before signing up as a featured guest.
There are a number of options for doing so:
Home Practice Programs present an in-depth dive into Shinzen's techniques.
The Core training program in Unified Mindfulness is a great way to get started in a free, online program you can do at your own pace.
Resources are available at Shinzen.org for further study.
HOW DO I CALL IN As A Weekly participant? DO I NEED VIDEO CAPABILITY?
At this time, we run audio-only conference calls, and you do not need a video connection.
The current “Free Conference Call HD” number that we use begins with a USA-Iowa area code: (712) 770-5366. You will be issued an "access code" via email.
You can call in to the conference call in a variety of ways, depending on what is best for your particular situation. (The program is not responsible for any connection or long distance charges you may incur.)
Here are some popular ways to dial in:
- Land line
- Cell phone
- Skype Subscription (for unlimited calls in the US)
- Free Conference Call HD Flash Phone
- International numbers via Free Conference Call HD (when and where available)
- Google Dialer
Some long-distance phone cards or call-in methods may not work with the conference call service we currently use or with a particular number (or area code).
I can't get on the call. What do I do?
If you have trouble connecting to the call:
Double check that you're using the correct phone number and access code.
- KEEP TRYING, making sure to dial the number and access code slowly and accurately. This is most often the solution. Sometimes it may take several tries to get through.
- Try using the FCCHD "By-Pass number": +1 (951) 262-7373. You will then be prompted to dial the original call-in number and access code.
- Try an alternative call-in method.
If none of these options work, report the problem you’re experiencing to email@example.com or use the contact form. We monitor email during the call.
Do you offer recordings of the calls?
Yes, anyone who subscribes will have access to the Life Practice Program call archives. We'll send the access information following each program.
How can I change or cancel my subscription plan?
To update your credit card information or to cancel your recurring plan, follow these steps:
- Enter the email associated with your recurring plan at this Portal link: https://app.moonclerk.com/portal/32ltn58c9ju/signin
- Then check your email and click on the secure, unique link inside that email. For security purposes, that link expires after 15 minutes. (But you can always go back to the Sign-in Page Portal to receive another link if needed.)
- Once signed in, you'll see tabs where you can change your credit card information or cancel the plan altogether.
To change your recurring plan in any other way, such as adjusting the amount, charge date, or monthly-annual frequency, contact us. We'll be happy to assist you.